Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Reminder

Yesterday morning I got a call from a Facebook friend. She told me that an ambulance had come to Lisan's condo. She had anticipated that it was going to be for Wayne and not Lisan as Wayne has had some health challenges as of late. But it turned out to be Lisan.

She went on to tell me that Lisan has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The story goes that she was watching TV and all of the sudden just went blank and was staring off into space. Wayne tried to get some response, but got no reaction. An ambulance was called.

Lisan is a dear friend of ours since the days my wife and Lisan were roommates in college. Lisan has always been the caregiver for others. Wayne, many people in her community, her parents and many other relatives. Always the problem solver and the person to get things done.

This is another reminder of how fragile life can be. That one minute all is well and right with the world and in the next blink of an eye, your world can be upside down and so confused that you don't know which end is up.

It is at these times that many would question and ask "Why"? Which I did. At the same time I also spoke to God about His plan. We don't know what that plan might be. But have faith that He is working it 24/7 and that with patience and faith some day we will know what He has planned for us and why some things worked out the way they did. Patience and faith go hand in hand in here.

I am grateful for that faith. And grateful for every day I get to spend here.

Thank you Lord for all of the many blessings you have provided, the guidance and gifts you provide everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for your loss. I just lost a sister in the Lord a few weeks back to a massive heart attack at 51 years old. --> http://rosesofdistinction.wordpress.com/

    I also cried out to the Lord & am grateful for faith.
    God Bless

    Kathy D

    ReplyDelete