Sunday, November 14, 2010

Doing the right thing

When I used to run in Louisville many times we would run at a place called Seneca Park. When we would do the eight mile loop, it included many hills. Now before I started I knew I would have to encounter all them during this eight mile jaunt through the park, but went out there anyway and faced it. I went ahead with my run because I had done the training, knew what I had to do to succeed and executed the plan.

This week I am faced with a challenge at work. So what do I need to do? I need to face it just like I did the hills at Seneca. You know the work to be done, you know the job, it is just going to be a little tougher this week. Not unlike the hills of Seneca.

Complaining about it, is not going to make it any better. In fact it may make it worse than it really might be. Giving your best effort in the face of life's challenges is always the best path to take. It may not always be the easiest, but will leave you with the greater reward. Not unlike reaching the top of the hill during a tough hilly run.

Too many times I become my own worst enemy and defeat myself before the job is even started. So this week I promise as I look at that man in the mirror to do the job, smile while I am doing it and give it my best effort. Because that is the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment