Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quiet Peace

It is early morning here at 82nd Place. I find that some of my best thoughts and efforts come at this time of day. I have not always enjoyed the early morning. I can remember when I was a teenager and getting up at 6:00 AM for a summer job was a pain. Now I get up at 4:00 AM and enjoy it for the quiet peace it brings.

In the quiet, you can hear your thoughts so much clearer. No distractions or background noise to interrupt your thoughts. Just the quiet peace.

Sometimes, I feel like the Lord is talking to me during these times. He makes me pause and makes me think. Then I remember a good time or special person, then I just smile. Cherishing the memory of a previous encounter or life experience.

I cherish these times. It seems like any more that they are going by way to fast, but while I have the opportunity to enjoy them I will. I give thanks every day for the gifts that life has provided to me. And the peace He brings to me every day in the quiet of the morning. Today is no different and these times will always be special. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment