Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frozen Yogurt

Just a few blocks away from my office is a frozen yogurt store. I have frequented it many times over my almost 7 years at my office. What make it special? Nothing in particular, but what is special is that I can walk there whenever the urge arises. Why? Because I am fortunate to live in the land of the free because of the BRAVE!

I just got back from watching the movie "Acts of Valor". This is the story of our armed forces specifically those that are highly trained to go where the worst of the worst reside and these forces are sent in to clean up the mess. Rangers, Seals, etc. The nice part about this film is that it is real SEALS filling the roles and showing what they really do while we sleep comfortably in our beds.

They leave loved ones and friends, wives and children behind and go where they are called because the bad guys are being bad guys. They go without question because they are called.

They are the reason that I can walk when I want to get some yogurt. I thank God everyday for His Grace and the things he has provided and for these men and the other men and women of our armed service who let me sleep peacefully at night because they do what they do.

My heart goes out to you who serve and my blessings for your safe return and for keeping us secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment