Thursday, March 22, 2012

Carrot Time


I love the early morning. It is a peaceful time. I have a routine that I follow most everyday. Make Coffee, feed the cats, empty the litter box, take my wife coffee, get the paper, make the bed and feed the bunnies. Notice that coffee comes first.

There have always been bunnies in our yard. From the day we moved in, I was determined to become their friend. So I began to feed them. I buy carrots in bulk and cut up about 2 or 3 a day. I would throw a few out there and watch from a distance as they would come up and feed. They cautiously approached waiting for me to leave before they would feast. Eventually, they would feed as I stood there. Now some mornings they are sitting in the feeding area waiting. I can hear their minds thinking and wondering, "Is that guy with the carrots coming today?".

It has taken quite a while, but it is a joy just to stand there and watch them feed.
This is a simple joy in my life and an opportunity to share. I am sure they won't go hungry, but I have the capacity to give and to share, so it is the right thing to do. Not so different in our daily lives.

We all have capacity to share. We all have gifts or talents whatever they may be. It may be just a smile. It might be just a hug or kind word. It is our capacity to share and ability to do so that we must act upon. You never know what affect your gift of sharing may be. It could be the light in some one's life that they need that day.

"Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others" Brian Tracy


I encourage you to make the effort, take the opportunity to share. Light up some one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment